24 Jun Inspirational Furniture Arrangements
Furniture can take a lot of space in your rooms. Some of them are really bulky, too. There is always an option to put your excess furniture in the storage – Koala Box My Storage offers pick up and delivery service for your convenience.
However, we believe that purchasing a furniture piece is more to use it optimally rather than to put it in the storage at the end of the day because you cannot find enough space in the house.
Here are some useful tips of smart furniture arrangement for you.
- Use multi-function furniture like a chest that can be used as a coffee table, sofa beds, chest of drawers, and beds with drawers for storage. Use an expendable dining table, folding tables and nest of tables, which can be tucked away when you don’t need them.
- Place the large pieces of furniture against the walls so the open space in the middle is not broken up.
- Scale the furniture to fit the size of the room and don’t block walking pathways. Having oversized sofas or too much furniture will make the living room look smaller.
- Consider having at least some of the furniture pieces in the same color as the walls. Even the bigger items like armoires and chest will begin to blend in to the room and widen out the room.
- Setting your furniture at an angle works because the longest straight line in any given room is it’s diagonal. When you place your furniture at an angle, it leads the eye along the longer distance, rather than the shorter wall. As a bonus, you often get some additional storage space behind the piece in the corner, too.
- Make sure there is plenty of space between your furniture.
- Choose a sofa and chairs with open arms and exposed legs. A glass table will keep the appearance of a open and free space. This allows light to filter under the furniture, making the room appear airier.
While you’re re-arranging, decorating and mix-matching your furniture and accessories, you can simply put your stuff in My Storage facility from Koala Box. Avoid bulky items on your walkway and clutter in every corner. Don’t worry about paint spots on your cozy classic armchair during walls re-painting. Once you’re ready, Koala Box can deliver the specific items from My Storage to your new place in an instant, anyway.